This Saturday, May 21, is opening day for the 2016 Farmers Market on Chocolate!
In addition to the weekly vendors and ongoing festivities, check out these activities at the market and next door at ChocolateTown Square.
- To kick off the day, Power Train will offer a free fitness class from 8-9 am in the park.
- From 9 am -12 pm Derry Township Parks and Rec are hosting a Paint & Create event.
- Stop at the Mad Sandwich food truck for anything from tacos to classic Philly cheese steaks.
- Keystone Radio will be performing live music.
- Cujicoo will display hand printed textiles and other special gifts.
- Archana’s Art will have hand drawn art and stationery.
- Shop Serendipity Handcrafted Soaps.
- Bring your favorite four legged friend and stop by at Just Four Dogs, an artisan specializing in baked treats for cats and dogs.
- For children, the Hershey Art Honor Society will offer face painting throughout the day
This Week’s Featured Vendor
Introducing Daria Astorino of Batter. A Gluten Free Baking Co.
Daria, a young artisan with a strong will and high optimism, graduated from the Culinary Institute of America with a degree in Baking and Pastry Arts. For someone with a deep passion for baking and decorating, Daria bakes anything from exuberant cakes and colorful cupcakes to simple cookies and biscottis. Growing up with celiac disease, Daria fully desires a delicious gluten-free treat. Opening her certified gluten-free bakery, Batter, in 2015, Daria will be debuting this week at the Farmers Market on Chocolate.
Describe the moment you knew you needed to sell your products.
After years of practice, I was finally able to convert family recipes into gluten-free items that I am able to enjoy again! Now, I want to share that =)
What is the one thing you wish you knew before starting your own business?
What song best describes your work ethic?
Kanye West Stronger
How would you sell hot cocoa on the beach in Florida?
Lots of ice cubes!!!!
Name three people (famous or otherwise) you would love to have as customers?
Christina Tosi, Richard Coppedge, Ina Garten
What product do you believe to be your prized item?
Too early to tell; I’m just launching my dream
Describe one difficult challenge in your life and how you have grown from it.
Knowing when enough is enough. You can make that jump, and your family and friends won’t let you fall. Make your dreams happen!
If you were the new item in the market what would you be?
Chocolate – why not?? It’s perfect!