Celebrate Independence Day picnics with locally grown produce, fresh meats and cheeses. Of course, our vendors will also feature beautifully crafted art, and delicious treats. This week, we are putting the spotlight on you! Bring the entire family and call up your friends because we have several events in the Park guaranteed to entertain all ages. With music and games for the kids and artistic classes for adults, there really is something for everyone!
What’s at Market?
- Grab your eggs and other breakfast staples from Smithfield Farms
- Try fresh goat milk fudge from Linden Dale Farm
- Stock up on fresh loaves and homemade pastries from Sandi’s Breads
- Enjoy the ever popular cold brew coffee from 3 J’s
- Decorate your home with crafty linens from Cujicoo Artisans
- Learn about helping others through the local Blood Bank
- Spoil your pup with fresh baked treats from Just Four Dogs
- Freshen up your home with Country Soy Candles
- Treat yourself to the luxurious effects of Serendipity Handcrafted Soap
- Don’t miss our featured food truck: Chomp Chomp
CHOCOLATETOWN SQUARE ACTIVITIES
- 8:00 am – 9:00 am Dailey Method free fitness class
- 10:00 am – 11:00 am Music Together of Hershey activity for children
- 9:00 am – 12:00 pm Paint & Create class led by a trained professional. Register on site.
- 8:00 am- 12:30 pm United Methodist Church children activities
Volunteer to Help!
We could still use a few volunteers this week. Please consider helping if you’re available. It’s a great way to spend Saturday morning! If you can’t help this week, you can sign up for future dates on the Farmers Market on Chocolate page.
Introducing Kat Nguyen from Chomp ChompKat, the food genius, is best known for her healthy take on Vietnamese food. With a determined attitude and a strong work ethic, Kat has achieved everything she has dreamed of. Kat shows true humility for her success and never takes it for granted–offering a portion of her profits to local charities. Kat specializes in authentic vietnamese food. With a focus on wholesome ingredients, she strives to provide relatively healthy foods ranging from shrimp summer rolls to Vietnamese iced coffee. For a special treat she offers flash-fried spring rolls. Stop by Chomp Chomp to experience a whole new culinary journey.
Describe the moment you knew you needed to sell your products.
When a random person asked me if I knew what a banh mi was.
What is the one thing you wish you knew before starting your own business?
Watts to amp conversions, as well as the plumbing and mechanical skills required to stay in operation.
What song best describes your work ethic?
Girl on Fire.
How would you sell hot cocoa on the beach in Florida?
Only if it was frozen.
Name three people (famous or otherwise) you would love to have as customers?
My mother, Bob Ross (If only) and Jared Leto.
What product do you believe to be your prized item?
Seriously, I only have around three items on my menu. I show no favoritism to my menu. What is your favorite?
Describe one especially difficult challenge in your life and how you have grown from it.
Growing up in the USA we were very poor and many times I went to bed hungry and it was hard to fall asleep. The only time we really ate was the free lunch that we got at school. I try not to waste water or food because it is a luxury. Personally, I choose to donate a portion of my salary to a different charity each year. This year, I will donate all of Chomp Chomp tips to several organizations throughout the season. I know that I am blessed to be alive. I do not take this life for granted.
If you were the new item in the market what would you be?
I would be an affordable, compact, indoor hydro system that can grow greens without the need of pesticides, and that operates on water and sunlight. Why? Because everyone needs to know how to provide for themselves.