This week at market we have the perfect event to bring friends and families together. It’s our Blueberry Festival and our great vendors will feature the plump, sweet fruit in various delicacies: pies, drinks, breads, yogurt, and much more! Of course we’ll also have fresh produce, homemade treats, and beautiful art as well!
What’s at Market?
- Grab fresh blueberries, peaches, plums, raspberries and cherries from Peters Orchard. Try a honeycomb as well.
- Bring home a box of organic veggies from Spiral Path Farm.
- Take home grass-fed meats from Sweet Pea Farm. Have you had their bacon? Yum!
- Enjoy blueberry turnovers, fresh loaves of bread and a special bread of cherries, raisins, pecans and walnuts by our guest vendor, Talking Breads. They will be sharing a spot with Sweet Pea Farms.
- Sample the Zombie Apocalypse sauce by Torch Bearer.
- Enjoy the ever popular granola parfait from Grandview Granola and sample the Chia/Lime granola. Refreshing.
- Go out on a limb and bring home goat cheese fudge from Linden Dale Farm. You won’t be disappointed.
- Get a jar of Pepperelly pepper jelly to spread on your eggs in the morning.
- Indulge in an array of flavored popcorn from Earl Grove Candies.
- Welcome our newest vendor Lancaster Honey and try blueberry honey among other flavored ones.
- Buy a gluten free blueberry pie from Batter – A Gluten Free Baking Co.
- Bring your girlfriends and sample a few types of wine from Oliveros Winery.
- Quench your thirst with a blueberry lemonade from Chomp Chomp and make sure to order a summer roll. Tell them Wendy sent you. 😉
- Go for it and order a blueberry cheesecake empanada with with whipped cream breakfast from the Guerrilla Canteen. Why not?
- Bring home a gift created by local artisans. Better yet buy for yourself. Stop by and choose from: handmade jewelry, up-cycled furniture, watercolors, homemade soaps, hand-carved, wooden kitchen wares.
- Get creative with kids crafts hosted by SPLAT– an art studio.
CHOCOLATETOWN SQUARE ACTIVITIES
- 8:00 am – 9:00 am The Dailey Method free fitness class
- 8:00 am- 9:00 am Free Tiny Tigers martial arts class for children
- 9:00 am – 10:00 am Sword training class for all ages from DeAngelis Martial Arts
- 9:00 am – 10:00 am Qi Gong Demonstration by the Living Well Institute
- 9:00 am – 12:30 pm A bounce house obstacle course (small donation)
- 10:00 am – 1:00 pm The Hershey Story will host Mysteries of the Maya in the Park, a free activity for children
- 10:00 am – 12:30 pm Live music by Sal Biondello
- 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm Paint & Create class led by a trained professional. Register on site. BYOB for adults.
Introducing Dave Laman And Jamie Kramer from Guerilla Canteen
Dave is a creative man with a passion for culinary arts. He began the journey toward making his dream come true when he found Maybelline, excuse me, his food truck. Dave partnered with friends Pam Laman and Jamie Kramer to create Guerilla Canteen, and together they strive to meet their mission of providing delicious and unique fusion cuisine. After boot camp as a young boy and later serving in the U.S. Navy, Dave grew to understand the true sacrifice made by veterans and their families. In an effort to give back, the Guerillas seek to remind the public of the U.S. forces’ efforts to protect this country. Join the Guerillas this Saturday to support the worthy cause; while you’re there, be sure to grab some guerilla food!
Describe the moment you knew you needed to sell your products.
Our menu R and D was pretty extensive. We experimented with different flavor profiles and recipes and the ones where people said, “I need to have that.” Made the cut.
What is the one thing you wish you knew before starting your own business?
Navigating the miles of red tape, licensing, and permits required to operate our truck.
What song best describes your work ethic?
Working Man by Rush. It seems to me I could live my life a lot better than I think I am I guess that’s why they call me the workin’ man.
How would you sell hot cocoa on the beach in Florida?
Dump some booze in it. Tourists love cocktails!
Name three people (famous or otherwise) you would love to have as customers?
Ben Franklin, Ozzy Osbourne, and General Patton
What product do you believe to be your prized item?
Guerrilla Burger. Who doesn’t like burgers? Especially ones covered in bacon jam, blue cheese, and lime chipotle mayo?
Describe one especially difficult challenge in your life and how you have grown from it.
Dave: I went to boot camp a 17-year-old boy and four years later the Navy made me a man.
Jamie: Being a father and raising a daughter in a world with challenges I never had as a kid.
If you were the new item in the market what would you be?
We are the new item in the market. We’re Guerrilla Canteen!